9.18.2012

Banana Almond Bread


So, after the hubs went on a business trip (again), two of the beautiful bananas we bought started to ripe... and I thought... what can I do with them? And I remembered the Banana Bread I made on March, but I didn't have any organge juice or oranges for zesting, so I looked for another recipe and found Crumblog's recipe, which caught my eye. I decided to give it a try, of course, changing it a little bit, as always.
I used:
  • 1 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats, uncooked
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 2 very ripe bananas
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup yogurt (regular, not flavored)
  • 1/2 cup chopped almonds
  • 1/2 cup toffee bits (Heath)
  • Topping: 1 tbsp sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 cup chopped almonds

Preheat your oven to 350°F. PAM a loaf pan and reserve. Place oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon.


Whisk them together.


In another mixing bowl, place bananas, yogurt, oil and eggs.


Mash bananas with a fork.


Stir the mixture together until smooth.


Add wet mix to the dry ingredients.



Stir until it comes together.



Chop the almonds.


Add chopped almonds and toffee bites. Fold them in. 



Pour batter into prepared pan.



In a small bowl, stir together the topping ingredients. 



Sprinkle onto the batter.



Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. 


Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then unmold and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.


Slice and enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment