11.07.2012

Liebster Award


Some days ago I was nominated by my new friend Diana from Coco & Chic for a Liebster award!!! Thank you Diana!!!

So, what's this Liebster award about? Well, it is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. “Liebster” is German for “favorite”. So I guess it is the “favorite blog award”. Ha-ha!
The rules say that you (awarded) answer the 11 questions asked of you by the blogger who gave you this award (aka Diana).

And well, here we go:
The Rules

1. Thank the one who nominated you.
2. Write 11 things about yourself.
3. Nominate promising bloggers who have less than 200 followers and tag them in your post.
4. You have to give them 11 questions to answer.
5. You should not tag back.

11 Things about myself
1. I LOVE dogs. I have two: Mike and Princesa.
2. I'm a Mechanical & Electrical Engineer, with a specialty in Manufacturing Systems.
3. My hobbies are cooking, reading, watching movies and playing with my dogs.
4. I'm in a weight loss program right now. I've lost 40 pounds so far (since June 6th).
5. I'm a housewife.
6. I enjoy spending time with my family.
7. My two sisters are my best friends.
8. I love my husband. He's the greatest man I know.
9. I would like to open a food business some day.
10. I love learning new stuff every day.
11. I want to have 6+ kids! Just not now yet.

My answers
1.What inspired you to start your own blog?

I always loved to cook. When I got married and started to make my own recipes, people (family and friends) asked me for them and said they were delicious, so I decided to start a blog to be able to share my good and bad experiences, new tricks and recipes, and more! the blog started as a DIY + recipes, but I guess this year has been more about recipes than DIY.

2.What do you like the most about blogging?
I love to share my thoughts, the lessons I learn, and my experiencies. I love to have followers that ask me questions and ask me for recipes I haven't posted yet.

3.What do you like the least about blogging?
What I could say that "I like the least" is that sometimes I'm too tired from my full-time job to take the pictures or write a post, but yet I still do it. 

4.If you have to live in another country, were will you like to live?
As a practical option, I'd love to live in the US. But really really inside of me I would like to live in a ranch, maybe somewhere in Europe like Switzerland, ha! And have cows, ducks, sheep, pigs, chickens, hens, etc!

5.What shows do you enjoy watching?
I loved Dawson's Creek. I still do. I loved Desperate Housewifes, Brothers & Sisters, and Sex and the City. And I love Criminal Minds, the 3 CSI (Miami, NY, and las Vegas, in that order).

6.Which is your favorite movie?
I love so many movies, but I guess the most favorite one of all is The Polar Express. Or Disney's Cinderella.

7.Which are your favorite trends for the season?
Leather skirts, dark nail polishes, and of course, boots!

8.Which is your favorite dessert?
I'm not so much of a sweets person, but my favorite is creme brulee or cheesecake.

9.Which is your go-to recipe?
Chicken and rice casserole. My mom's recipe, I have always loved it and I still do.

10.Which is your favorite season of the year, and why?
Winter. I love wearing winter clothes and I love Christmas, winter food, hot comfort food. I'm a big fan of soups and creams.

11.What is your dream job?
It would have to be from home. I hate going to an office, wearing office clothes. Forget about a plant and safety equipment. I'll stay home and be stucked to a laptop. That's good for me!


The award goes to jenn's random scraps

My questions for you
1.What is your favorite meal?
2.Water, soda or coffee?
3.What do you like the most about blogging?
4.What are your favorite spices?
5.Where would you like to live?
6.Salted or unsalted butter?
7.What do you prefer? Chicken, beef, lamb or salmon?
8.What is your favorite dessert?
9.What is your go-to recipe?
10.Do you like Starbucks?
11.What's your favorite casserole?

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Thank you Gaby! Looks like I have homework! I enjoyed reading all about you, following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I'm following you too! =)
      I can't wait to read your answers =)

      Delete
  2. 1.- tus palomitas
    2.- café
    3.- leer tus recetas
    4.- ninguna, pero si tengo que escoger, sólo la sal
    5.- en la playa
    6.- salada
    7.- pollo y salmón por igual, aunque no, mejor pollo
    8.- chocolate
    9.- nada, no cocino
    10.- me encanta
    11.- podría ser pirex?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muy bien amiga, muchas gracias por tus respuestas =) te mando un abrazo

      Delete
  3. Me encanto tu post Gaby, es muy bueno saber un poco más de las mentes detrás de los blogs que me gustan,jajaja
    Wow eres ingeniera!!, y OMG!! 40 pounds, eso es increíble!! siempre es bueno que tu esfuerzo se vea reflejado :)

    Una parte de mí también quisiera vivir en un rancho grande grade, en un lugar maravilloso y pasar mis días cuidando animales y cocinando platillos deliciosos!!

    Gracias por el post!!! que tengas un excelente fin de semana!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias Diana =) definitivamente es divertido conocernos cada día más =) ajaj

      Yo también quisiera vivir en un rancho para comer comida más fresca, vivir sin tanta contaminación ni estrés, una vida tranquila... y trabajar en la granja... =)

      Buen fin!!

      Delete