11.15.2012

Barley & Veggies Soup


So, as autumn continues, so does my craving for soup, soup and more soup every day!!! And now, I made a barley soup with many veggies. And chicken stock. Pretty yum actually. And I have a confession to make. I have never tried before barley. As a grain u know? So I did and I liked it. IT's definitely a keeper for my family. So here's the recipe I made, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did still am.

I used:

  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/4 onion, chopped
  • 1/2 cauliflower head, choped in florets
  • 3 celery sticks, chopped
  • 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
  • 3 carrots, chopped
  • 1 cup barley
  • 1.25 L organic chicken stock
  • 3 garlic cloves, chopped
  • salt and pepper

Chop the veggies.


In a deep pot, add olive oil and onion. Stir for around 3 minutes and add garlic. Stir.


Add celery and carrot. Stir for 5 minutes.


Add cauliflower and stir for 3 minutes.


Add chopped tomates and stir.


Season with salt and pepper.


Add chicken stock.


Add prewashed barley.


Stir.


Bring to a boil and lower heat. Simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let it sit for 10 extra minutes.


Serve and enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment