10.18.2012

No-Cream of Asparagus


Ok, so fall is here and I love soups. I love them all year long, but I love them the most on fall and winter. A rainy day, with a blanket or a duvet, and a delicious and warm and cozy and homemade and healthy comfort food. Ha! So I made this delicios no-cream added cream of asparagus. And believe me, it was amazing. You should give it a try and let me know what would you change or how do you like it.
I used:
  • 1 1/2 tbsp butter
  • 1 bunch asparagus (I bought Costco's organic frozen asparagus)
  • 1 tbsp almond butter, unsweetened and raw
  • 1 pinch nutmeg
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 1 pinch ground white pepper 
  • 1/4 onion, finely chopped
  • 3 garlic cloves
  • 1/2 L non-fat chicken and tomato broth



Melt butter in low heat in a deep pot.


Finely chop onion and garlic.


Add onion and let it cook for around 5 minutes. 


While onion is cooking, chop asparagus in 1" long bites.


Add garlic to the pot.


Add asparagus.


Stir until asparagus are softer.


Add spices.



Add broth.


Bring to a simmer and add almond butter.


Stir until well dissolved.


Cover and let it simmer for 5 minutes.


With an immersion blender (mine was pretty messy, so I decided to change it to the mixer) or a mixer, pulse until you reach a uniform soup.


Transfer again to the pot and let it heat and remove from heat. Serve and enjoy!! You can garnish with shredded cheese or croutons, but I wanted only soup =)


1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot to the mammoth public I did so enjoyed keepsake that, My partner and i trend end up being obstinate in order to search for your blog also certainly study dad exaggerate via different. My partner and i paucity in order to dignify which you support your well known encumber, cause a divine blink. Junk Removal in Ormond Beach FL

    ReplyDelete