10.02.2012

Grilled Balsamic Chicken "Fajitas"


So, I made this delicious chicken for lunch and I was NOT disappointed on my idea =) Ha! Just kidding, the chicken was delicious =) and the veggies were delicious too!! They had a grilled flavor, amazing. I enjoyed it a lot, and the best of all it's that it's light! It doesn't make you fat, it is natural, and healthy =)
I used:
  • 1 lb organic chicken breast, skinless, boneless, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 onion, cut in thin slices
  • 1 organic yellow bell pepper, cut in fourth with no seeds
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • freshly ground sea salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1/2 cup organic lemon juice (around 5-6 lemons) -ha! they are organic because they are from my grandma's tree :D
  • 1 tbsp dried scallions
  • 2 sec olive oil PAM



Cut the bell pepper and onion in slices.


In a mixing bowl, add balsamic vinegar, scallions and salt and pepper.


Whisk together.


Add chicken and let it mariante for about 40 minutes.


In another bowl, add lemon juice, salt and pepper.


Remove the dust from the Foreman grill (or any grill you have). Or do you use it more often than I?


Spray olive oil PAM on the grill.


Place the veggies in the lemon marinate and them take them to the grill. 


Let them cook for about 4-6 minutes, until lightly darken and really soft.


Remove when veggies are ready and place chicken on the grill. Let it cook for around 6-8 minutes, maybe 10, depending on how wide are the chicken pieces. When fully cooked, remove too.


Serve and enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. Sounds really good Gaby. I was just thinking about our neglected Foreman Grill this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Give it a try and let me know how it goes!

      Delete