9.06.2012

Sweet Egg Yolk Cookies


I wanted to make some meringues so I needed egg whites. And I figured, what can I do with egg yolks, that does not consume a lot of time? Because Crème brûlée {Creme Brulee} does, and I looked for some cookies. I found Roxana's fascinating recipe and decided to give it a try. And I did not regret it. These cookies are so soft, and not too-sweet... they are great! You could event cover one half with chocolate, or drizzle some on top, or some glaze... they are great!

I used:

  • 300 gr AP flour
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 6 egg yolks
  • 2 sticks butter, more cold than room temperature


Place all ingredients in a food processor.


With the regular blade attachment, pulse until a dough forms.


Make a "loaf" with the dough (I made a squared one)...


...and cover in plastic foil. Refrigerate for around 2 hours.


Heat oven to 350°F. Cut 1/2" slices for each cookie.


Place in a baking sheet, covered in parchment foil or a sylicone mat. Leave around 1-1.5 in space between each cookie. They will spread.



Bake for 10-15 min (stay there, watching them just get golden, not burnt) until lightly golden.


They will cook a little bit longer when removed from oven, so do not overcook them!



2 comments:

  1. Those look delicious! Like the idea about dipping them in chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Vicky! Me too! I also thought about prinkling some colores sugar, maybe before the oven? =) I hope you make a batch with your beautiful girls =)

      Delete