8.21.2012

Testing Egg Whites for Lasagna


I decided to make a lasagna that I could eat being on diet. And then, God illuminated me and gave me the greatest idea of all... an egg whites lasagna!!! Yes, OMG, I know. As you hear it. An egg whites lasagna. There are egg noodles right? :) so Egg white lasagna noodles should be able to exist too.. and based on that idea, I decided to try egg whites in different ways, just to make sure that I would use them the best way, and I would have the most of them =)
So here we go. I used 8 egg whites in total.

Experiment #1 
  • 1 egg white
  • 2 sec ollive oil PAM


Beat them a little, for around 30 seconds, just when they get a little foam.


In a low heated flat griddle or skillet add PAM and then, egg white.


Turn over after 2 minutes. Let it cook again. Reserve and evaluate. =)


It's a very "small" and "hard" egg white. Good for another uses. Not good for lasagna.

Experiment #2
  • 3 egg whites
  • No more PAM needed, only for the first time


Whisk them together until reall foamy and tight.


Place it on the flat griddle.


Turn around when cooked trough and cook the other side.


It's a "hard" egg white. Good for other uses. Maybe good for lasagna. Let's see with no whisking if we get a bigger egg white.

Experiment #3
  • 3 egg whites
  • No more PAM needed, only for the first time


Do nothing to the egg whites. Just place them in the skillet.


Great egg white!!! Great for lasagna. And bigger in size!!! We can make many lasagna noodles!!!

You see? Sometimes doing nothing it's better... nah! Just kidding!


So, I used these egg whites lasagna noodles to prepare a lasagna.


Visit my Light Lasagna {No Pasta} chronicle for more details.


1 comment: