8.20.2012

Pizza Meets Sub


So, having some "cheese layer" and "sauce layer" leftovers from the Lasagna I made for the hub's birthday las month (of course, this recipe is some weeks days old, I just couldn't find the time to post it sooner -oh! and btw, the lasagna is the same, just remove bell peppers and add 1/4 cup pine nuts), and some Cowboy Meatballs I made, I thought about making a Meatballs sub, but I also had some bread someone gave me. So I decided to make this version, of sub meets pizza meets meatballs meets.... whatever!
I used:
  • 1 chapata bread
  • cheese layer leftover from Lasagna
  • sauce layer from Lasagna
  • meatballs leftover from Cowboy Meatballs
  • 1 Johnsonville chicken and cheddar sausage
  • Mozzarella cheese, shredded



First, you need to cut the bread in half. You can use pita bread like I did in Thin Pita Pizza, or any bread you prefer.


Now, spread some cheese mix on each bread slice.


Now, place each bread in an oven proof dish.  I placed some aluminium foil below each side, in case of any dripping accidents. You never know. 


Top each one with plenty of sauce (I didn't place plenty on the meatballs one, because they already have a BBQ-ish flavor. Top one of them with sausage pieces (previously cooked) and on the other one, place meatball pieces.


Cover them with plenty of mozzarella cheese, or Monterey Jack or any melting cheese you prefer.


And bake them in the oven for 20 minutes at 300°F.


Look at that cheesiness!!! Let's make it crisp on the broiler!



And here we go. Under the broiler for 2-3 minutes.


Done!


Enjoy!!





No comments:

Post a Comment