8.15.2012

Oatmeal Crisps


So, I wanted to finish all the oatmeal I had at home, so I first decided to make Cowboy Meatballs, and I still had a lot... so I made Oatmeal and Chips Cookies and I still had oatmeal!!!! So I made some Oatmeal Crisps I saw at pastry studio... and now oatmeal at home is gone! Yei!!!!! Anyways, these cookies are delicious, maybe a little on the sweet side, so you may want to add a little bit more of salt, if you are not a sweets person.
Here's what you'll need:
  • 1.25 oz (2.5 tbsp) melted butter
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 2 tbsp maple flavored corn syrup
  • 1/4 tsp kosher salt
  • 1 cup oats

Preheat oven to 350°F (170°C). Melt butter and remove heat, if any.


Add sugars, salt and syrup.


Whisk them together.


Add oats.


Stir them with a spoon.


In a baking sheet covered in parchment paper, place 1 tbsp "dough" (the mix you just made), trying to leave around 2" between each.


Bake for 8 minutes (or 10, or 15, until you see them bubbly and slightly golden).


Let them cool for around 5 minutes and lift them up with a metal spatula. Plastic will break them. Trust me.


And enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment