8.14.2012

Cottage Cheese and Veggies Wrap


So, if you remember, I'm on a diet, and I'm getting a little sick of eating fish and chicken. I can only have beef  twice a week =( so, I'm replacing the chicken protein with cottage cheese. It's ok, it gives a twist to my meals, so I won't get bored of eating the same over and over again. I guess right now I'm having a limited diet, because I can't even eat beans, peas, rice, or anything like that. So I figured, why not make a wrap? And here we go.
You will need:
  • 1 cup cottage cheese, fat free
  • 2 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
  • 2 avocado thin slices
  • 1/2 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
  • 2 cactus tortillas (you can use wheat, corn, even pita)
  • sea salt and pepper
  • 1/4 onion, coarsely chopped
  • 1/2 jalapeño chile chopped, no veins, no seeds


In a medium heat skillet, place onion and jalapeño.


Stir for around 3-5 minutes, until onion has browned a little. Add green bell pepper.


Stir and heat for around 4 minutes and add tomatoes.


Season with plenty of pepper and a little sea salt.


Let it cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.


In a mixing bowl, place cottage cheese.


Add 1 cup of veggies mix.


Mix well and reserve.


Heat two tortillas.


Now, start by placing the tortilla in a base.


Add 1 avocado slice (of course, you can add more, I can't).


Top with 2-3 tbsp veggies/cottage cheese mix.


Roll them like tacos.


Serve and enjoy!


You can add tuna or chicken too!! I can't =)


No comments:

Post a Comment