7.25.2012

Splenda Meringues 3 {Lemon}


OK, so being able to eat maringues on my diet, makes me want to try so many different flavors. So, after making the other two recipes before, I'm sharing this one. I'm not a big fan of citrics, so the taste is some kind of annoying for me, but it's still good. My friends loved them, I didn't, I just liked them. I'm planning on making some coffe meringues and vanilla meringues. Let me know if you have any more suggestions. Here's the recipe.
I used:
  • 1/2 cup egg whites
  • 3/5 cup Splenda granules
  • 1/2 lemon's juice
  • 1 lemon's zest



First, preheat the oven to the lowest temperature possible (mine is 100°C or 212°F). Zest the lemon.


Place the egg whites in a mixing bowl of an electric mixer.


Beat them until fluffy and start adding Splenda 1 tbsp at a time. Add lemon juice and keep beating until soft peaks form. Not yet.


Keep beating.


Place meringues in a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. 


Bake them for an hour and let them sit in the oven overnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment