7.02.2012

Splenda Meringues 2


So, I decided to give a second chance for reaching my desired consistency on Splenda Meringues. They are better than last ones =) I still don't know why (maybe experience??) because the recipe is the same. Only this time I used a tip to give them a better shape and a uniform size. Check them out!
The ingredients were the same as before, so I'm using the same picture:
  • 3 egg whites, room temperature
  • 3/5 cup Splenda, granulated


Start by whisking the whites on an electric mixer on high, until fluffly, around 10 to 15 seconds. Start adding Splenda, 1 tbsp at a time, until peaks form.


Preheat your oven to the lowest possible temperature (212°F/100°C). Now, use whatever tip you prefer depending on the shape you wanna give to your meringues. You will need to cut a small hole in a Ziploc bag.


Enter the tip and take it out in the hole you made, like shown in the picture. I used some Scotch tape to prevent it from moving too much.


Now, wrap a glass with the ziploc bag, inside out like shown, and with a rubber spatula start filling the Ziploc bag.


Now, remove all of the air in the bag and close it. 


Start placing small peaks for each meringue.


I got around 40 meringues.



Bake them for an hour. Turn off the heat and leave them for 5 hours or overnight.


Very beautiful meringues.


Crunchy dessert. Very very low-cal.


2 comments:

  1. I really need to try this! I have been wanting to try meringues with splenda for awhile now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it out!
      They taste amazing (better than store-bought) and you can add vanilla, coffee, cocoa, lemon zest, many things!

      Delete