I decided to make some chili dogs for the hubs. He loves hot dogs and chili dogs!! And I prefer chili dogs. These chili dogs are so good, they are spicy, but sweet, and they are so soft, they can almost melt on your mouth. O was thinking about adding a little bit of butter on the bread... but that is TOO MUCH! Maybe without the cheese? What do you think?
- 4 tbsp ketchup (you can use BBQ sauce, or both)
- 4 turkey sausages, chopped (you can use ground beef)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- dash of pepper
- dash of crushed red hot pepper flakes
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1 can "Ranch style beans"
- 1/2 tsp vegetable oil
- Muenster, gouda, provolone or any other cheese
Start by heating vegetable oil and adding chopped sausages.
When they have browned a little, add beans can and stir.
Add ketchup, pepper, cumin, red pepper flakes and stir.
Place two hot dog buns in aluminium foil.
Fill them with chili beans.
Top with some cheese pieces.
Wrap them up in the foil and place them in an oven at 300°F for 10 minutes. Discover the new meaning of life.
OMG, so yum!