5.17.2012

Creamy Celery Soup


So, again... I found two 2-lb packs of celery hearts on SALE!!! So, of course, I took them with me... Each pack has little packs with Ranche dressing on personas sizes... So I took some of them as snacks to the office, and the other ones.... became a creamy delicious soup!!! I used Martha's recipe. You won't believe, but the flavor is AMAZING! The Gab hubs doesn't like celery a lot, he says it has a strong flavor (same as onion) but here... the flavor is not as strong as raw celery, but yet, it's fresh and yum!
I used:
  • 1/2 stick butter
  • 6 cups celery, sliced in small squares
  • 1/2 coarsely chopped onion
  • 1 potato, cutted in small squares
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice
  • 2 cups chicken broth not in the picture
  • 4 cups water  not in the picture

First, start melting butter in a deep skillet, on medium heat.



Add celery.


And onion...


And potato...


Stir ocassionally and let them cook for around 10 minutes. Add chicken broth, water, salt and pepper to taste and bring to a boil.


Let it simmer and cook covererd for 20 minutes. Puree with a hand blender or a regular blender (in batches if you need to). Return to pot at low heat.


Add lemon juice, stir, try it for salt and if it's missing some, add a little bit more.


You can serve with some Quick-n-Easy Italian Bread!


Or croutons!


Or plum tomatoes.


Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. I am not very fond of cooking. I kind of hate it. But lately I've had time on my hands so I've given it a go. I made this soup and turned out to be a huge hit. I'll try making the barley soup. Thank you for your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You welcome! I'm glad you gave it a try, and this soup it's pretty simple and quick.
      Let me know how the barley soup goes.

      Delete