5.17.2012

Butter Chicken


Ok, so I gotta confess... I found some sale on... BUTTER!!! and I couldn't resist. I bought about 6 packs of unsalted butter and 6 packs of salted butter. Each pack contained about 2 sticks... amazing!!!! So I was so happy and decided to make some butter chicken... I looked for many recipes through Internet and I found Ree's and I loved it. So I decided to go on with it... and of course, I modified it.
So, I used:
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts in squares
  • 5 finely chopped garlic cloves
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp fresh black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
  • 1/4 tsp dried parsley
  • 1/4 tsp cumin
  • 1/4 tsp ginger
  • 1/4 tsp crushed oregano
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1/2 chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 can tomato sauce (14.5 oz) not in the picture
  • 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz) not in the picture
  • 1.5-2 cups half & half
  • 1 bunch chopped cilantro
  • 2 cups cooked white rice


In a mixing bowl place chicken, black pepper, salt, crushed red pepper, cumin, parsley, ginger, oregano and garlic.


 Mix well and marinate for around 2 hours (or overnight).


Chop the onion.


Melt the butter at medium heat.


Sauté onion and when transparent, add marinated chicken.


When chicken is almost fully cooked add tomato sauce.


Stir and add diced tomatoes. Cook covered for 3o minutes.


Add half & half. And stir.


Chop cilantro bunch.


Add to pot before serving. Remove from heat, stir and let it sit until you serve.


In a plate, serve white rice.


Top with chicken and sauce.


Enjoy!



Wait for the recipe card!

No comments:

Post a Comment