5.03.2012

BBQ Pulled Pork


So, I've craving for this for months! I hadn't been able to prepare it, because of the long time to cook (6 hours in slow cooker), but last weekend I had the time, got the ingredients, and here it is. It's delicious, for the BBQ lovers. It's sweet, the pork is really soft.
You will need:
  • 2 lb pork loin (or leg)
  • 1 can Diet Coke (I used 2 small cans)
  • 2 tbsp seasoned salt (I used Morton's Season All)
  • 1/2 onion, sliced
  • 1/2 bottle BBQ sauce
  • Crockpot (slow cooker)


First, add seasoned salt to the pork loin. Dont be shy... add a generous amount... it's a big piece of meat, you know?


Now, add the onions to the crockpot, then the pork loin.


Cover with BBQ sauce.


Cover, and let it cook on low for 6 hours (or on high for 4). This is how it looks after an hour.


After two hours.


After 4 hours.


Remove pork.


Shred with two forks. It is so soft!


Return to crockpot and stir until everything is covered. Let it finish for 1.5 hours.


Now, cut a bun in half, fill with BBQ pulled pork... if you are like me... you want to eat something delicious. Then add some shredded cheese. And enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment