4.16.2012

Giant Double Chocolate Cookies


These amazing cookies are so good!! I have always wanted to make chocolate (or double chocolate, even better!) cookies, but for some reason, I always ended up making sugar cookies, pecan cookies, chocolate chips cookies, but never, ever chocolate cookies.
So finally, last week, when the hubs was on a business trip and I was all by myself, with Princesa at home, I decided to make them. So I looked at Annie's recipe and decided to give it a try, based on her recipe.

They are not too sweet, but they are so big you will only be able to eat one... or maybe one half... Here's the recipe:
  • 2 sticks unsalted butter
  • 1 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 tsp coarse salt
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 2 eggs


Preheat oven to 350°F. Cube the butter and place in a mixing bowl.


Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.


Add the eggs, one by one.


Add flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder.


Now, fold in chocolate chips.



On a baking sheet with parchment paper, place balls of dough slightly appart from each other, depending on the size you want your cookies. I used an ice cream spoon for each ball.




Bake them for 16-20 minutes.





No comments:

Post a Comment