3.21.2012

Cheesy Veggies Casserole

 

The hubs is a very picky person. Very picky. He's like a little child. Usually, when I add veggies to the meals I cook, he removes them from his plate and at the end, he leaves only the veggies. Can you believe that? I mean, he's a grown up! He's supposed to eat veggies happily =0) and by himself, but he doesn't. So I'm trying to discover and invent new recipes so that he will find veggies appealing. So I made this very easy-to-make veggies casserole.
I used:
  • 1/4 cup frozen corn
  • 1/4 cup frozen poblano slices (or you can also use bell peppers)
  • 1/4 cup baby carrots
  • 1/2 cup broccoli
  • 2 very thinly sliced zuccinis
  • 3 celery sticks, finely chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 cup Velveta cheese
  • 5-6 slices Muenster cheese
  • 1 tbs butter
  • olive oil to drizzle
  • salt and pepper to taste


I started adding all of the veggies (excpet zuccini), spread them around.


Once the veggies are there, make sure to spread some butter around. And drizzle some olive oil.


Top with the zuccini and add salt and pepper.


Bake for 20 minutes at 430°F (220°C). Remember to check Oven Roasting 101 to check veggies times and temperatures for roasting in the oven!


Toss them around...

 

Insert Velveta (American) cheese in there. Bake for another 10 minutes.


Toss them around again.


Cover with Muenster cheese slices.


Broil or bake for 3 minutes (if broil it will be crispy, if bake it will be soft). 


See that crispy cheese?


How do you like that?


The hubs had a business dinner, but I didn't and I loved it! I'll let you know if he liked it!




6 comments:

  1. mucha pimienta friend, pero aún asi se ven deliii!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. están ricas! si quieres probarlas al ratito, xoxo

      Delete
  2. this has made me speechless. That is how I love to eat my veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. que ricoooooooo me encantan las verduras con queso jajaja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gracias friend!!!! cuando quieras hacemos aquí en mi casa, quedaron delis!

      Delete