2.15.2012

Loaded Double Baked Potatoes


For Valentines I decided to bake these delicious potatoes as a side for the romantic dinner I planned to have with my husband: Rib Eye Steak for Valentine's Day. They were so good, even when I would have loved to have more cream... or sour cream... or cream cheese (can you believe it? I had no left! I used all the cream cheese I had in the No-Bake Red Fruits Cheesecake I made for dessert. Anyway, they were still so good... But I definitely recommend adding sour cream to this recipe. So, here goes the recipe.

I used:
  • 3 potatoes
  • 1 cup mozzarella shredded cheese
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheese blend (Cheddar and Monterey Jack)
  • 1 tbsp cream (I definitely recommend to use at least 1/2 cup)
  • 1 tsp Kosher salt
  • 1 tsp fresh pepper
  • 3 tbsp salted butter
  • 3 bacon chopped stripes 


Punch the potatoes with a fork in several places and bake for 1 hour at 400°F. Now, remove from oven, take the potato filling out, leaving a little attached to the potato skin. Lower the temperature in oven to 350°F.


Add butter to the filling and mix.



Add cream. As I didn't have more cream, I added a little bit of chipotle cream cheese.


Mix again and add 1/2 cup of mozarella and mix again.


Cook bacon.



Fill the potato skins with filling an top with bacon chunks.


Place them on baking sheet and top with cheese blend.


Bake for 7 minutes and top with remaining mozarella cheese. Bake for another 5-7 minutes.


Remove from oven.


And enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment