1.19.2012

Spicy Whisky BBQ Sliders


So, after reading Ree's recipe for Spicy Whisky BBQ sliders, I was delighted... I was amazed... I just wanted to try them right there... but, I had to wait for the right moment. And there it was... Sunday afternoon, just a day when hubs and I take a break from stress... and I decided that was the right time.



So, according to Ree's insstructions, I used:
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 cup BBQ sauce (I used hickory)
  • 2 lb ground beef (I used london broil)
  • 1/2 stick butter (4 tbsp)
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 1/2 cup whisky
  • 1/4 cup jalapeño slices (I used nachos, round slices)
  • bread (buns, rolls, etc)



In the first picture I was missing the whisky, and in the second one the onion was already chopped, so I decided to place both.


So first, you will form the patties (around 12, I got 13).


Cover them with salt and pepper on both sides.


Now, melt the butter in a skillet... 


...and fry them (in two batches). They must be almost done in the middle.


Second batch.


Remove the patties and reserve. Discard the butter and leave just 2 tbsp to keep working. Add the onion.


Stir for 5 minutes and add the whisky.


Let it reduce by half.


Add the jalapeño chiles slices (without juice).


Stir and let it cook for 1 minute.


Add the BBQ sauce and reduce heat to low.


Return the patties to the skillet. All juices too. Flip them over to coat and let them simmer in the sauce for several minutes (around 6 to 10).


Now, while the patties are simmering, heat a skillet and place bread pieces.


When you turn them over, make sure to place a thin slice of butter in each one. This step is optional. 


Place a patty in each bun. Make sure to cover the patty with spicy BBQ sauce and onions... and jalapeños.


Now, how does that look?


My husband loved them.


We just got 4 of these. So we went out and bought more bread.



Let me know how it goes if you give it a try! I gotta warn... this dish is HOT!





1 comment:

  1. oye friend, me kedé esperando probar el pastel de ayer y te aviso, no me kiero kedar con el antojo de este platillo ... pero pokito para no enchilarme jejejejejeje

    ReplyDelete