1.11.2012

Carrot Soup


So, I guess it's been years since I hadn't have a carrot soup! I can't believe hoy much time has gone by. So, I went to the market and bought some carrots and I found these beautiful "European breads", so I thought of using them as a serving plate. I hope you like carrot soup, I don't love it, but I like it. My husband loved it.



You'll need:
  • 1/2 onion
  • 1/4 green bell pepper coarsely chopped
  • 1/2 red bell pepper coarsely chopped
  • 1/2 stick salted butter (divided in 2 tbsp, 1 tbsp, 1 tbsp)
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
  • 1 tbsp Knorr's chicken broth bouillon
  • 6 carrots


First things first: wash the carrots and cut both ends on each one. Now place them in a deep pot and almost-cover them in water. Cover the pot and let it boil.


After 15 minutes, insert a knife and check if they are soft. You will need to turn them around after 8 minutes have passed. Reserve water, you will use it later.


Now, place 2 tbsp butter in a little vegetable (or olive) oil and melt the butter.



Place the onion and stir.


Stir every minute. After 15 min, remove from heat. 


In the same skillet, melt 1 tbsp butter (maybe a little less, depends on you).


Add the bell peppers and stir. After 5 minutes, remove from heat. These will be your soup toppings.


In a blender, place the carrots, milk, ginger, chicken broth bouillon and half the water where you cooked the carrots.


Blend.


Add the onions.


Blend.


Melt 1 tbsp butter and return the blend (soup) to the deep pot. When it starts boiling, stir and remove from heat.


This is optional. Take the round breads.


Cut a circular opening in the top and remove the cover.


Fill with carrot soup and top with bell peppers.





Looks good?


The other one is a black bread.




I hope you give it a try and let me know how it goes!


Check out the recipe at Tasty Kitchen.




January 13, 2012:

 I'm linking to Michelle's Fabulous Friday linky party 17

January 23, 2012:
Photobucket I'm linking to Six Sisters' Stuff linky party

1 comment:

  1. gaby ke delicia!!!
    y con lo ke me encanta la crema de zanahoria :)

    ReplyDelete