12.13.2011

Black Beans


I've shown you may time show I cook refried black beans. Here is the recipe of how I cooked them for the family reunion breakfast I hosted last Saturday. I served them with Pastel Azteca.
You can check how I prepared the black beans in my Black Beans and Chilorio Tacos post, or in my Torta de Cochinita Pibil con Frijol Negro {Black Beans and Cochinita Sandwich} post. This time I prepared them a little different, as they were going to be eaten alone, not spreaded on any bread or anything.

I used:
  • 2 packs Isadora refried Black Beans
  • 1 dash of Maggi seasoning sauce
  • pepper to taste
  • 1 tsp mashed garlic 
  • 3 tbsp tomato puree
  • 1/2 tsp vegetable oil


Heat the oil and the garlic. 

 

Place the beans and stir. Add the tomato puree, pepper and Maggi seasoning sauce.


Keep stirring until cooked, like 5 minutes. Serve in serving plate and top with fresh shredded cheese.







No comments:

Post a Comment