12.30.2011

Beef Taquitos


Last night we were craving for beef taquitos. I didn't want to spend more money and go out to but some, so I thought of cooking. I remembered I already had all the ingredients at home. And homemade cook tastes so much better than store bought food.



So, I used (I'm sorry, I started taking pictures after chopping, so I didn't add a picture of all the ingredients together):
  • 1/2 onion
  • 3 bacon strips
  • 1/2 orange bell pepper
  • 1 lb thinly sliced meat (you can also use bite size squares if you prefer)
  • 10 corn tortillas
  • 3/4 cup shredded white cheese (it's up to you: mozarella, chihuahua, ranchero, gouda, etc) 
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 tsp Knorr's Beef Bouillon

Chop bacon, onion, bell pepper and meat.







Place a skillet in medium heat and add the chopped bacon. Wait until it is almost cooked. 


And then add the chopped onion. Stir.


 And now add the bell peppers (I'm sorry, I didn't take a picture). And when it becomes soft and a little darker, add the meat.


Start heating the corn tortillas.


Add salt, pepper and Knorr's Beef powder. Stir and let it cook.


Top with shredded cheese.


And cover so that it will melt. Make sure to leave the heat on, but in the lowest set, 3 minutes. Then turn off the heat and leave it there for another 3 minutes. Covered.


Now, start preparing the tacos. 


Now, fill the warm tortillas with the beef mix you just prepared.


Place them in your serving plate.


This looks so good!


It tastes so good!!! Yum!







No comments:

Post a Comment