11.09.2011

{Halloween Party} Leftover Frittata


OMG I have been so busy and I was not able to post!! I felt so disconnected. anyway, sorry and here is a recipe I baked on Sunday morning.
I had many leftovers from the Halloween party, so I decided to bake a Frittata. It was so good!

What I used:

  • 2 1/2 cups Rat Tail Soup {Spaguetti with Sauce}
  • Veggies (4 celery sticks, finely chopped)
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1 cup shredded carrots 
  • 1 small tomato, chopped in big pieces
  • 4 tbsp pico de gallo (leftover: finely chopped tomato, onion and jalapeño chile, with a splash of lemon juice 
  • 7 eggs
  • 1 cup cottage cheese
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • shredded cheese (to taste, I used around 1/3 cup, a 5 cheese blend)
  • 2 tbsp butter (I used some leftover melted butter in which i cooked some bacon strips a day before, so it as kind of "bacon-butter")
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped onion (leftover from some tacos I had for dinner the day before)
  • 1/8 cup of finely chopped parsley




So, in order to bake this frittata, you will need to use a pot that you can both use in the stove and in the oven. I don't have one (shredding tears) so I used a regular deep skillet for preparing everything, then translated it to a ceramic pan.

Melt the butter in the deep skillet on a little bit of vegetable oil, to avoid burning the butter.  


When it melts, add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally until it starts changing its color -transparent


Add the tomato and stir.


Add the pico de gallo, celery and carrot.


While this delicious veggies are cooking, in a bowl break 4 of the eggs...


Add salt, pepper and half of the milk of this recipe and whisk.


Now, add the spaguetti to the skillet and carefully stir, until everything looks well mixed.


Add the egg mix to the skillet and prepare the new egg mix: whisk together the other 3 eggs and the other half of milk and the cottage cheese.


Add this new egg mix to the skillet and make sure that everything is covered in egg mix.


Top with parsley.


Place it in oven for 25 minutes at 350F. Like I said, I had to transfer it to an "oven-proof" pan (which I previously sprayed with regular PAM):


Add a little bit of shredded cheese.


And place it in oven for 25 minutes at 350F.
Then, I took it out of the oven, top it with the rest of the shredded cheese (a lot!!) and placed in on broiler for 4 minutes. 



OMG this smells delicious, and looks so good!!


Want to try it?


Enjoy!








2 comments: