10.31.2011

Hasselback Potatoes


I was looking at Tasty Kitchen Blog's recipe and I thought: I have to try it! I love potatoes, in any form you can eat them, I love them. I changed some things of the recipe, but I basically followed almost every instructions.

So for this recipe you will need:

  • olive oil (to drizzle)
  • 2 large potatoes
  • sour cream
  • shredded cheese (I used a 5 cheeses mix, including Monterey Jack and Cheddar) for topping
  • butter stick
  • cheese (I used Ranchero, the original recipe calls for Parmesan)
  • sea salt
  • garlic powder


Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).

Place two wooden spoons in the bottom of the potato, as shown in the picture. This will help you prevent cutting through all the potato, as you should only cut like 7/8 of the potato. Start sliding the potato, without cutting through all the potato.



See? The potato slices should remain together at the bottom of the potato, and the wooden spoons allow you to cut the potato easily.


Slice the butter in thin slices. My butter was melting real fast, to the slices are not pretty =( but hey, they are still slices, right?


Place them in the potato openings, alternating with cheese slices (Ranchero, or Parmesan). I placed them in aluminium foil before placing them in the baking tray, because I figured butter would melt. Also because it's easier to transfer to serving plate.



Drizzle some olive oil on top of the potatoes and sprinkle some sea salt and garlic powder. I used sea salt with fine herbs.


Place them in oven for 45 minutes -or until fully cooked.


Transfer to serving plate and place some good spoons of sour cream. Top with shredded cheese.



This looks so good!









* November 1st
This is posted in the following linky party:

 

1 comment:

  1. Shut the front door! You had me at "sour cream & butter". Wow, do these look delicious. I'm going to try it! Thanks!

    Warmly, MIchelle

    ReplyDelete